Easiest Way to Make Perfect Salmon Curry with 680x482 Resolution
You can have Salmon Curry using 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salmon Curry
- You need of Salmon.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1-2 sprigs of curry leaves.
- It’s 2-3 of garlic cloves, chopped or crushed.
- It’s 1 of onion, finely diced.
- It’s 1-2 of green chilli, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium tomato, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder (plus more to sprinkle on salmon).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder (plus more to sprinkle on salmon).
- It’s 1 of +1/4 tsp coriander-cumin powder.
- You need 1/4-1/2 cup of tamarind water.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of thin coconut milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander, chopped, for garnish.
Salmon Curry step by step
- Pour 1 tbsp oil to pan and heat it..
- Once hot, add the salmon (room temperature) with skin side down..
- Sprinkle salt, turmeric and red chilli powder and cook for 2 min..
- Flip it and sprinkle salt, turmeric and red chilli powder. Add curry leaves in the oil (I used dried once, but fresh ones would be better!).
- Fry for 1-2 more minutes. Salmon should be partially cooked, not fully. Remove the salmon and crispy curry leaves from the pan and set aside..
- Now prepare the curry. Pour oil on pan and heat it up..
- Once hot, add mustard seeds. Once they pop, add garlic and curry leaves..
- Saute until the raw garlic smell disappears..
- Now add onions and green chilli and saute until translucent..
- Add tomatoes and cook until the mixture is mushy and oil separates from the sides..
- Add all the dry spices – turmeric, red chilli powder, coriander-cumin powder, garam masala, salt – and cook until fragrant..
- Pour 1 cup water and 1/4 cup tamarind water. Curry should thicken slightly, while remaining runny..
- Taste and adjust the salt and tamarind water accordingly..
- Pour 1/4 cup coconut milk (optional) and stir..
- Now place the salmon skin side down and cover and cook until the salmon is fully cooked (the colour should have changed and it should be flaky)..
- Garnish with coriander and rest for ~2 hours. Serve with rice!.
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.