Recipe: Perfect Pistachio Layer Cake with 680x482 Resolution
Pistachio Layer Cake.
You can cook Pistachio Layer Cake using 21 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pistachio Layer Cake
- It’s of Cake.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of shelled pistachio.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of cake flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of AP flour.
- It’s 2/3 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 2/3 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2/3 tsp of salt.
- You need 2/3 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- It’s 1 cup of + 2 tbsp granulated sugar.
- You need 2/3 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 of egg whites + 1/2 tsp cream of tartar.
- Prepare of Frosting.
- Prepare 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- You need 1 1/3 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of cream cheese.
Pistachio Layer Cake instructions
- Pregeat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease and line two 9-inches round baking pan..
- Ground 1 1/4 cups of pistachio in a food processor. Ground until fine powder form but be mindful that it doesn’t turn into a paste..
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together ground pistachio, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salts..
- In a separate bowl, mix together whole milk and sour cream. Set aside..
- In a separate bowl, cream butter with a hand or stand mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add sugar and beat on high for another 2 minutes. Add vanilla, almond extract and egg. Mix until well combined..
- Alternately add the dry ingredients, and milk & cream over the butter mixture a ending with the dry ingredients. Beat over low until well combined. Set aside..
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar with a hand or stand mixer until stiff peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold into the cake batter until incorporated..
- Equally divide the batter between the prepared pans. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top springs back to touch..
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pans for 15 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely..
- To make the frosting, beat butter on high until creamy. Add vanilla, salt and powdered sugar until well combined. Add the cream cheese and beat until well combined..
- To assemble the cake, place 1 cake at the bottom and spread about 1/4 of the frosting on top. Add the second cake and frost the top and sides. Add a sprinkle of the remaining 1/4 cup pistachio on top..
- Hack: If you don’t have cake flour, you may use AP flour. For every 1 cup AP flour, remove 2 tbsp and replace with 2 tbsp cornstarch..
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.